Tajrish is a former village in Shemiranat County, Tehran Province, Iran, which has since been absorbed into Tehran.
The Tajrishneighbourhood is located along the northern edge of Tehran.
The name Tajrish
The name Tajrish is given from the language of Tat which was the official language of Shemiran before choosing Tehran as the capital.
Until the 1970s, Tajrish and neighboring Shemiranat were a collection of small villages along Tehran's border, often used as a summer retreat by city residents. The area was relatively disconnected from Tehran's urban with the exception of Old Shemiran Road, currently known as Shariati Avenue. With the construction of Pahlavi Road (now named Valiasr Ave) in 1930s and Modarres Highway, then known as Shahanshahi Boulevard, the Northern suburbs became highly accessible from downtown and rapid extension became possible.
Tajrish has an old bazaar and a mausoleum called Imam Zadeh Saleh, both popular tourist spots.Tajrish is the at the junction of streets that lead to Saad Abad Palace, Velenjak, Asad Abad, Zafaraniyeh, Elahieh, and Niavaran as well as many of the other places in northern Tehran.
Tajrish Square is 1612 meters above sea level.